Wednesday, December 10, 2008

let's get this straight, now.

Some people end up being so misunderstood sometimes, it's crazy. People think because you have expensive stuff, you're living some expensive lifestyle, with extravagant furniture, and millions of dollars in the bank, blah blah blah. We'll I'm here to tell you, shit doesn't work like this round this way. Nigga, I live in a two family flat, in the hood of Detroit, along with my mom, aunt, uncle, and little cousin. When my mom picked me up today, I think she was almost in tears to tell me DTE came over today to shut the gas off - she had to practically beg him not to turn the lights off. She was sooo embarrassed. She even made me promise her that I wouldn't tell my father, or Julian. Like, wow. My mouth just dropped. & It's not as though we've been using the heat this whole time, we've just now started turning the heat on, because the gas bill ends up being so much money. Now you realize no gas also means, no hot water, right? Oh, yea - cuz it does. So I'll also be taking a cold bath tonight. Oh, did I mention that the stove doesn't work either, so that means no hot food? I didn't - oh okay, now you know. My aunt and them downstairs have heat, and she told me If I was cold up here, I was free to come down there and sleep & shower, which I thought was nice - but I won't. I think my pride is too big. I'd much rather sleep in my own room, and bundle up anyways. No, this ain't no sob story, & no I'm not complaining. I just want people to realize that I'm not always as "wealthy" as I may seem. I have a philosophy that no matter what, I'll never look like I'm struggling as far as money's concerned. As shallow as that sounds, that's the way I am. When I was younger, we most certainly couldn't afford some of the finer things in life. Now that I'm older, as long as I can help it, you'll never catch me looking as if my family's struggling, or if my light's got cut off the night before. It hurts my mother too much. I know she works hard for the money she makes, & I wish I could make it better for her.. I really do. She & my father do so much for me, it's crazy. But yea, having $700 cameras, & 200 shoes don't mean shit as far as a person being rich. If it wasn't the winter time, I'd rock a $5 pair of flip flops and say fuck it. You know what, fuck this post.

No comments: